Embodied Archetype Workshop - MAIDEN
Time & Location
About the Event
A creative workshop for womxn exploring the raw energy of the MAIDEN archetype through visualisations, movement, dance, sounding and singing.
COLLECTIVE CORK studio
Triskel Arts Centre, Cork
The Maiden's journey is linked closely to the Heroine's journey. A transition where she finds her voice, connects with her authentic self and learns to make choices from a place of grounded intuition. This workshop looks at ways in which we as women may have given our power away, silenced our own voices, stifled our own intuition for fear of not being good enough, not being liked, not being cool, not being fat enough, thin enough, pink enough, XYZ enough or simply not having the courage to say NO or YES when we wanted to. This will be an opportunity to release and reclaim lost energy from this seminal period of transition into womanhood.
Join Lewis for a guided journey through the body and voice in honour of your Maiden: An invitation to remember and reclaim the unabashed freedom of the maiden, to release patterns of being that no longer serve and to celebrate in sisterhood the transition from Young Maiden to Woman, a time rarely honoured in our current culture.
These are empowering, beautiful events full of courage and play; suffused with ritual, healing and ceremony in celebration of the divine feminine experience. It is a space to dive into your fullness as a woman and be all you are without judgement or comparison.
- Reclaim energy from the maiden or release trapped energy from your own transition through adolescences, maybe you like of many of us received shaming messages about you changing body, your sensuality, sexuality.
- To heal the wounds around sexuality and the body
- To build confidence
- To gain courage to speak your truth
- To let go of limited beliefs created by a younger version of yourself.
WHO IS IT FOR? - If you are reading this, then it is probably for You. The workshop aimed at women, AFAB, female-identified and non-binary peoples and is trans-inclusive. We meet in confidence to journey together in sacred circle as a sisterhood. The work may be therapeutic but it is not therapy.
PREP: You don't need to prepare anything.
- Wear something you feel beautiful in and can move in.
- Bring a water bottle, and snacks if you need them
- Bring a pad or notebook and pen/pencils.
- "The honesty and trust Lewis provides when working is beautiful”
- “Such a transformative workshop and thank you for holding the space so well”
- "You created such a special, warm & safe atmosphere”
- “I felt a deeper connection to aspects of myself that I don’t often connect with”
- “I felt IMMENSE CALM. A lovely way to spend the day - wonderful to be with these women”
- “ I found today extremely rewarding for my sense of self and my personal journey”
- Max 6 places
- If cancelled more than 7 days before workshop - 50% refundable
- If cancelled within 7 days of workshop - €0 refundable (Unless you find someone to take your place)
Operating an inclusive vaccine neutral space. If you are sick please stay away.
- Sold OutGeneral admission€40+€1 Service fee€40+€1 Service fee0€0